Virtual Teachers’ Webinar
Book your place now
Register your place – You can access the webinar from any device including your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
Many parents worry about what their children are doing online, yet very few know of the real dangers.
This 60-minute live virtual PREVENT accredited session is hard hitting and will:
- raise your awareness to the good, the bad and the ugly of the Internet and what children are doing online.
- highlight the real dangers children are unknowingly at risk of when they’re using the Internet, social media, gaming and more.
- equip you with the confidence, knowledge and tools to engage children, and then their parents, in a concerted effort to encourage safe online practice in the home.
As part of the webinar, you will require to have in front of you a copy of our award-winning fun and colourful Safety Net parental engagement resource. The resource is vital to the training and an essential tool to enhance parent-carer engagement.
Resources will be sent out to you by post so it is important that you register straight away to ensure that you receive your resource prior to the session.
By the end of this hard-hitting session , you will have gained an increased awareness of:
- the risks and issues associated with children and young people being online
- the technologies, games, websites and apps children and young people use
- the dangers of sharing personal information when chatting online and through social media
- what sexting is, when it can become a criminal offence, how it appears on future checks and how it can lead to blackmail and or exploitation
- online grooming and how to recognise methods used by groomers who try to sexually/criminally exploit or radicalise
- the risks involved when playing online games with others and the importance of age limit restrictions
- fake news, social influencers, as well as inaccurate and pervasive information that children might come across online
- hate crime, gangs, guns and knives.
- drugs and county lines
- how to access advice and support, to be able to better protect children and support parents to help keep children safer online.
This event does not allow attendees to activate their camera or microphone. You can’t be seen or heard.
You can ask the presenter questions ‘live’ through a text chatbox that will appear on your screen.